Tyger Tyger Cookie Recipe
Original recipe makes 5 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups crushed sugar-frosted corn flake cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until fluffy. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into butter mixture. Stir in the crushed cereal.
- Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto unprepared cookie sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. After baking remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Melt chocolate chips in a bowl over simmering water or in the microwave. With a spoon, drizzle melted chocolate across baked cookies, leaving big stripes of chocolate. Cool well until chocolate solidifies.