Survival Energy Bars
- 9 cups oats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup (or maple syrup)
- 2 cups brown sugar (not refined, but raw cane sugar)
- 2 cups margarine, melted (butter, if preferred)
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl stir all the ingredients together.
- Press 1/2- inch thick onto a 9×18-inch cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250 for about 15 minutes, until the mixture is bubbly,
- Remove from oven and let cool (this is very important, it will become very crumbly if not allowed to cool completely)
- Cut into small pieces and enjoy. Wrap in foil, or put into zip-lock bags to keep on hand.