Meanwhile I made some chicken soup. We are both taking it easy as we can and starting to feel as if we may live.
Usually I make this soup on Mondays and use leftover roast chicken from Sunday dinner. This time I used a pkg of frozen chicken tenders. Sometimes I add 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, too.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes before serving.