Thursday, February 4, 2010

BEWARE PAYPAL MESSAGES

Today I received a FALSE message purportedly from PAYPAL saying a company had refunded money to my account.

I was advised to click on the information so I could collect the refund. THIS IS JUST ANOTHER SCAM!!! Though it's set up to look as if you had ordered something, paid, and the item was out of stock.

Fortunately, although I had recently ordered quite a few things, I knew none of them was from this company OR in this amount, so I went straight to Paypal.com. I did not pass Go. I did not collect $316, Thank Heaven!!

Because if I had they would have had access to my account.

BE VERY LEERY OF MESSAGES SUPPOSEDLY FROM PAYPAL.COM

ALWAYS go to the site and check your account out. NEVER click on the LINKS.

False messages with PayPal logos in them are nothing new, but couching them as a refund from a supposedly reputable company is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment