Thursday, September 25, 2014

Medieval Pottage

by Jen Black Alba Series, Vol. 1

Finlay was the recognized heir to the throne of eleventh century Alba when the king began a plot to install his grandson Duncan. Finlay finds his girl is married off to his cousin, his best friend joins the opposing side, and Duncan plans war. Life becomes especially difficult when Thorfinn of Orkney and his sister take hand in the game.
Medieval Pottage

Ingredients

  • Herbs
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander or ground cardamom
  • 1/2 cup White Cooking Wine
  • 1 large or two small bay leaves
  • Vegetables
  • 1 head fresh cabbage
  • 2 medium size onions
  • 2 whole leeks
  • Broth
  • 3 cups broth (chicken or beef or vegetable)
Serves Four

Instructions

  1. Wash and chop the cabbage and leeks. Thinly slice the onions.
  2. It's okay to use canned stock.
  3. Put all the ingredients together in a large pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.

Recipe notes

The finer the cabbage is chopped, the quicker the pottage will be ready.


A Warning Note to Authors


I am again having e-mail problems. Someone has been sending spam from both my e-mail addresses: arline@mail.com and arlinechase@comcast.net.  I know this is definitely true, because I am getting a large amountd of "failed delivery" returned mail for mail that I have NOT sent out.


It is SO EASY to just mark something Spam, and (with some programs ) that will automatically add the return address to your "no mail" list  without noticing what the return address actually says. I have been guilty of this myself. So please, if you haven't heard back from me in awhile, take a moment to check you "no spam from" list of addresses.


I have repeated questions in my mail  today from both Bobbi Sinha and Virginia Winters, that I have already answered twice and they apparently are not getting what I send.  Anna Dynowski, Geoff Geauterre, and Michael Field have been also had problems recently.

I am checking every site every day and sending from all of the, but the problem seems to be that people are NOT receiving messages that I SEND.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment