by Anna Dynowski
Harmony Village Series, Vol. 6
Life is great for Kasia Jacubek. She’s smart. She’s sassy. And she’s the sole owner of her restaurant. Well, sort of. She does have a silent partner. But the faceless man appears uninterested in taking a hands-on approach to their shared inheritance, content with accepting his share of the profits she mails to the lawyer.
Everything is going great, until…he shows up unexpectedly to take over the culinary reins. Why does he look familiar? And why does her heart take a leap of joy?
Take heed! Guard your heart!
Sharpening his matchmaking claws, Cupid Cat has his own ideas on the matter of the heart: he intends to make sure the restaurant’s silent partner isn’t so silent with her.
Kasia's Christmas Biscotti Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups dried cherries
- 1/2 cup amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur), plus more if needed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs (3 whole, 1 lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole blanched almonds, chopped
- 3 (approx.) tablespoons Red and Green sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Heat cherries and liqueur in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until cherries have softened, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. If liquid equals less than 2 tablespoons, add enough liqueur to make 2 tablespoons.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Cream together butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Mix in 3 whole eggs, one at a time. Mix in reserved cherry liquid and the vanilla. When liquid mixture is fully integrated, gradually mix in flour mixture. Stir in cherries and almonds.
- On a lightly floured surface, halve dough. Shape each half into a 12 by 1/2 by 2 1/2-inch log. Flatten logs to 1/2 inch thick. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. Brush logs with beaten egg; sprinkle with red and green colored sugar sprinkles.
- Bake 35 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer to wire racks to cool, about 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Cut each log on the diagonal into 16 to 18 pieces. Transfer pieces to racks, laying them on sides. Set racks on baking sheets. Bake 8 minutes; flip. Bake 8 minutes more. Let cool until crisp. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.