Stormy Weather is a great time for curling up with a good book!
When a hurricane rages on the coast, wreaking havoc on the lives of the people who live there, the most dangerous threat in the winds and crashing waves may not come from nature. Clayton Ackerman has made a life chasing the hurricanes, storms and blizzards that at times ravage virtually every part of the nation. While covering a tropical storm that was battering the Gulf Coast, Ackerman has an altercation with a young woman that turns deadly and opens his eyes to the potential he’d overlooked for years.
No worries on the Battery Powered Reading Light. We have plenty.
Bit of you have an electric range, No Cook Recipes can come in handy when the power goes off in a storm.
Yields: 16 servings
- 15 1/2 ounce(s) (can) pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 11 ounce(s) (can) corn kernels, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 large (or 2 small) avocado , diced
- 1 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup(s) prepared salsa
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve over greens as a salad, or with chips for dipping.