Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 3 hours freezing time
Here's a Halloween trick your child will have no trouble pulling off--turning a ripe banana into a Halloween treat.
What you'll need
- 1 Banana
- 1-1/2oz. White chocolate melted
- Candies or dried fruits like raisins and cranberries for eyes and mouth
- 2 Popsicle sticks
Notes: Makes 2 ghosts per banana
How to make it
- Remove any stringy fibers from the peeled banana, then cut it in half widthwise. Push a Popsicle stick into each half through the cut end, then cover each pop with plastic wrap and freeze until firm (about 3 hours).
- Place a 1.5-ounce piece of white chocolate candy in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high until melted (it generally takes about 1 minute). With a butter knife, spread the melted white chocolate on the frozen banana halves.
- Set the pops on a waxed-paper-covered dish. Press on candies or currants for eyes and mouths and return the pops to the freezer until ready to serve.