A Novel of Chesapeake Bay by Carl E. Burke
The Fathers of Tomorrow is a tale of adventure, murder, love and friendship. It is the story of men who overcome great challenges, whose troubled lives find meaning and purpose in their sons and the bonds they share through time. First Place Winner: Maryland Writers' Association 2007 Novel Contest.
Father's Day Brunch
Ingredients Edit and Save
Original recipe makes 12 servings Change Servings
- 3/4 pound
ground pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon
green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound
fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) container
low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 pound
Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (4 ounce) cans
diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/3 cup
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside. Melt butter in skillet, and cook and stir the green onions and mushrooms until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and chiles. Stir in the sausage, green onions, and mushrooms. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend in the melted butter. Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.