Maple Nut Bon Bons
3 C maple syrup (Not diet or sugar-free)
1 C milk
1/2 C pecans, chopped
- Pour the maple syrup into a large heavy saucepan.
- Add the milk and place the pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a rapid boil and continue boiling until mixture reaches 235 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool 3 minutes.
- Beat the mixture with an electric mixer on low speed until it becomes creamy.
- Carefully stir in the pecans.
- Spread the mixture into a square baking pan lined with wax paper.
Cool until the fudge becomes firm and then cut into bite sized pieces.
Serving Size: 18 pieces