When a hurricane rages on the coast, wreaking havoc on the lives of the people who live there, the most dangerous threat in the winds and crashing waves may not come from nature. Clayton Ackerman has made a life chasing the hurricanes, storms and blizzards that at times ravage virtually every part of the nation. While covering a tropical storm that was battering the Gulf Coast, Ackerman has an altercation with a young woman that turns deadly and opens his eyes to the potential he’d overlooked for years.
Hurricane Party Chicken Italiano
Marinate time: 30 minutes to 2 hours
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minute
1 loaf Italian bread, quartered
1-1/2 cups bottled Italian Dressing
4 (4-ounce) Chicken Breasts
1 medium Tomato, sliced
4 Romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Pour Italian dressing into a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken breasts and gently massage dressing into each piece. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Slice bread loaf lengthwise, then cut into 4 sections. Wrap in foil and set aside.
Works well with, or without, hurricane. And if you, like we, are thankful to say, no hurricane THIS year, read the book above and you'll be even gladder.
3. Slice tomato and chop lettuce; set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and place in skillet. Cook for 6-7 minutes per side, until no longer pink.
6. While the chicken is cooking, place bread in oven and heat for 7-8 minutes.
7. Assemble sandwiches and sprinkle each chicken breast with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Serve immediately. Pairs well with chips and a pickle spear!
Easily increases to party-size with more Italian Loaves...etc.