OWEN FIDDLER wants to tell you his story! (Everybody sing along to the tune of the Beatle's "Nowhere Man." Has a selfish point of view, why he's such a fool no clue, isn't he a bit like me and you? Owen, man, please listen. You don't know what you're missing.
Crab Cake Recipe
Original recipe makes 6 servings Change Servings
- 1 1/8 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared brown mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 1 pound crabmeat
- Preheat oven on broiler setting. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together crushed saltine crackers, mayonnaise, brown mustard, onion, celery, and Old Bay seasoning. Gently stir in the crabmeat. Shape into 6 patties. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Broil crab cakes 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
If you live where crabs are plentiful and don't mind picking them out, this recipe freeze on those cookie sheets and then slide off into slider zip top freezer bags. . We used to put away a bushel or more every fall. and freeze the cakes, ready to broil, or fry a few at a time.