Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shorebirds Hot Dogs






It's Spring Training time and if you are a Baseball Fan, you will enjoy Kenny Beck's account of his baseball career.  BULL DURHAM has nothing on him!

My Life in the Minor Leagues 
                                       by Kenny Beck

"What I’m about to tell you isn’t a typical baseball story. I don’t limp off the bench and hit a game-winning home-run in the World Series. I didn’t throw a perfect game in my last ever start, nor do I mentor some bonus-baby with a million-dollar-arm and two-cent head so he can mature and make it to the big leagues. And I promise you that I don’t end up playing catch with my dad in an Iowa cornfield at the end of this either. " So Begins Kenny Beck's tale as he follows the dream of every every young boy, who hopes one day to play in the "Big" leagues. Even though his was a short-lived career, it taught Kenny a great deal about life and left him with the satisfaction of not saying "I wish I could play baseball in the big leagues," but "When I played in the big leagues."


Shorebirds Hot Dogs


Original recipe makes 1 hot dog 
Multiply for More Servings
  • 1 all-beef hot dog 

  • 1 poppyseed hot dog bun 

  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard 

  • 1 tablespoon sweet green pickle relish 

  • 1 tablespoon chopped onion 
  • 2 tbsp crab meat, moistened with just enough mayonnaise to make it cling together.

  • 1 dash each celery salt and Old Bay Seasoning (Easy on the Old Bay)

Directions

  1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, place hot dog in water, and cook 5 minutes or until done. Remove hot dog and set aside. Carefully place a steamer basket into the pot and steam the hot dog bun 2 minutes or until warm.
  2. Place hot dog in the steamed bun. Pile on the toppings in this order: yellow mustard, sweet green pickle relish, onion, crab salad,  and seasonings. Don't even think about ketchup!

No comments:

Post a Comment