Jude St. Onge is a man on the run. He is an addict who has stolen a large cache of drugs from Detroit drug kingpin Mitchell Parson, who is determined to retrieve the drugs and take his revenge on Jude. After the torture slaying of Jude’s wife, and the kidnapping of Jude’s daughter, Angelina, the last thing Mitchell Parson expected to hear when he picked up the phone was: “I have your sons.” Raymond Little, with a murder conviction in his past, and newspaper reporter Ted Rogers have become unusual allies with Jude in an attempt to rescue his daughter. Together they kidnap Parson’s two boys, hoping to secure Angelina’s release. Risks for both hostage-takers skyrocket as the two sides square off, while Detroit Homicide Detectives work the case unaware of all that is at stake in the investigation. Only Ray and Ted can save the endangered children in Children of the Enemy.
A Scarey book deserves a scarey recipe.
Chocolate Marshmallow Spiders
- 2 bars milk chocolate
- 20 pink and white marshmallows
- 15 sticks firm liquorice, such as Bassetti
- 40 raisins, chocolate drops or sultanas
Method1. Break the chocolate into chunks and melt in a bowl in microwave or over a pan of boiling water.
2. Individually dip the marshmallows into the chocolate ensuring all are evenly coated. Put onto greaseproof paper.
3. Cut the liquorice into 5cm legs, slice lengthways into two or four, depending on thickness, so that you end up with 160 thin legs. Gently push 8 legs into the body of the marshmallow spider, add two raisins for the eyes, then set aside to set.