By Terry L. White
Cheryl Mae has the power to stop the blood and to heal, but she can't stop the rural electrification project that will flood the Sacandaga valley, and she can't find love to stay.
Forced to leave her home at last, Cheryl Mae is dogged by a stalker as she enters nursing school and fights to find a new life in a strange world.
Hearty Easter Breakfast
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup maple syrup, warmed
- Additional blueberries, optional
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Chill until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and butter; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot
griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is
golden brown. Spread topping over pancakes. Top with warm syrup;
sprinkle with additional blueberries if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes (3/4 cup topping).
Editor’s Note: If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them before adding to the pancake batter. Be sure to thaw any berries used in the optional garnish.