Originally Published as Thy Brother's Reaper
By Gianni DeVincent Hayes
Gillian Montague gave up journalism to become a private eye, then she finds a hell of a story.... A futuristic thriller.
Luifer's Chicken Wings
Great for Parties
- 5 lbs fresh or frozen chicken wings ( I prefer glazed frozen)
- 12 oz bottle Frank's red hot sauce
- 1-2 ozs. of Tobasco
- 1/cup melted butter or margerine
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbs of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Bunch of celery cut into 2inch length, Other crudities optional
- blue cheese dressing
- deep fryer or 2" oil in pot
How to make it
- Par-boil the wings. This gets rid of a lot of the excess fat and slimy stuff and makes sure they are done through.
- Drain them and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the hot sauces, butter, vinegar, and garlic powder together.
- SIDE NOTE: I purchased a long time ago a used tupperware bowl at a yardsale, for a quarter, the best wing investment
I've ever made. It has a nice tight fitting lid, perfect for shaking. I
highly recomend this to you. These can get messy and will stain a
plastic bowl or lid.
- Deep fry the wings (a few at a time) until they are a deep golden brown, the crispier the better.
- As the wings come out of the oil drop them into the sauce mixture sprinkle some red pepper in, close the lid (tightly) and shake, shake,shake!
- SAFTEY WARNING!
Before taking the lid off the bowl, take a deep breath. The hot sauce
and vinegar combined with the steam will take your breath away.
- Repeat the steps until all the wings are done.
- Serve with ribs of celery, or other crudities, and blue cheese dressing for dipping.