Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Happy Anniversary!

Tomorrow, Roger and I will celebrate our 60th Wedding Anniversary...

A lot of things have changed since then:
   My waistline has vanished, along with some of Roger's hair...
   But people who were sure it wouldn't last six weeks are still wrong...
   My cooking has improved...
   His guitar playing has improved...
   We had a great family life together.
   But parents and siblings have passed
   Sons have grown and gone
   And while we still enjoy cohabitation,
   Jack gets to sleep in the middle...
Jack.


But there are a lot of things that are still the same...
   Roger is still my best friend
   He calms me down when I'm upset,
   I give him something to get excited about when he's bored.
   His faith is strong, his temper mild,
   If I have a problem, he finds a solution without being asked,
   His kindness of heart is unfailing
   Sixty years isn't nearly enough....
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment