Seth Armstrong felt obligated to marry his collage when she became pregnant. The marriage is never a happy one and they both want out, but when Eve learns he’s fallen in love with someone else, she threatens to run to her home in England and never let him see his children again. Julia Halsey loves Seth, but knows he could never abandon his children. She decides the best thing she can do for him is disappear.
Oven Roasted Chicken
- 6 boneless, skin-on chicken-breast halves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound(s) pancetta or slab bacon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 15 clove(s) garlic
- Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary, chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Salt and pepper each piece. Set aside.
- In a medium ovenproof skillet
over medium heat, cook the pancetta until crispy, about 6 minutes.
Remove with a slotted spoon, and set aside. Drain off all but 1
tablespoon of the fat. Add the olive oil and garlic. Cook until the
cloves are golden, then bake in the oven until the cloves are soft, 5 to
7 minutes. Carefully remove the pan from the oven, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large
ovenproof skillet, heat 1 inch of canola oil over high heat until very
hot but not smoking. Carefully place the chicken skin-side down in the
hot oil. Let cook 3 to 4 minutes to start crisping the skin. Do not
turn. Carefully transfer the pan to the oven, and bake until the chicken
is cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and plate.