FREE THIS MONTH
A Short Historical Romance By E. P. Roe
Elsie ran to give her brother a welcome home kiss. Imagine her surprise when she draws back to find she has kissed instead a friend of her brother's from college INSTEAD! Totally unacceptible in Elsie's day!
Will she ever live down her error? Will Elsie's embarrassment turn to love?
Fall's Favorite Simmered Stew
(You can do yours much easier in a slow cooker)
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, cut into half moons
- 4 to 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 large potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cup water
What To Do:
In a large skillet, brown stew meat, then place in a 5-quart or larger slow cooker
In a large bowl, combine broth, soups, and pepper; mix well. Stir in water.
Pour 1 cup of soup mixture into slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, potatoes and remaining soup mixture. Stir in water.
- Cover and simmer on low heat 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is very tender.