Alex Masters has given up prostitution, lives on the "right" side of town,
has a respectable job and is about to launch a singing career on the side.
While making a deposit for her employer at Bay City Central,
her past catches up with her in the time it takes
a bank robber's bullet to pierce her arm.
Songbird Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, beaten $
- 1 cup vegetable oil $
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chopped bananas
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add eggs and oil,
stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not beat.) Stir in
vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, and bananas.
- Pour batter into three greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove
from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake; sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top. Store in refrigerator.