Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Time's A-flying!

Hope you all are getting ready for the holidays.

I have not yet begun, though I am still working on some books, I'm not getting much else done. I will be editing MAGGIE'S MIRAGE by Jeanine Milarsky, and OZARK WOMAN by Terry Piper, later today.

By this time last year, I had done a lot of shopping on line, made 35 pounds of fudge, and baked 24 dozen "Ugly Cookies" to give out to family and friends. Since I won't be doing much baking this year, I'll share my "Ugly Cookie" recipe with y'all.

These are not the pretty sugar cookies favored at this time of year, but they sure taste the best.

UGLY COOKIES

Into a bowl, mix:
1 cup cooking oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp butter flavoring
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder

Stir with a whisk until fully blended.

Add:
1 1/2 cups sifted flour

Mix well into a smooth batter.

Add:

1/2 pkg chocolate chips
1 cup pecan pieces
3 cups of rolled oats

Mix well.

Drop cookies onto a greased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Makes 6 dozen or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment