Friday, February 5, 2016

Catching Up!


NO books went to press this week


Galleys that went out this week

WANTED: ROYAL PRINCESS MIRACLE BRIDE; Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3. by Anna Dynowski

Prince Lorenzo, the reluctant prince, has no interest in his title or inclination to carry out his duties. Not likely to ever rule Mondoverde, he has no desire to play at royalty, dodging the royal commitments with remarkable success. He’d much rather play with his prized horses. A champion thoroughbred racer with multiple trophies, he’s surrounded by fans, mostly female. But can he find a woman who will compel him to dismount and take up his royal duties, including marriage?

 GUIDING SPIRIT: A Ghostly Love Story, by Robert Kanehl  Love does not end with death or at the gravesite. It lingers in this world, as powerful after death as before. Ashley Dunlap and David Paine discover this first hand, as a benevolent spirit guides their lives toward its desires. Will the two follow this spirit’s pathway or rebel against its power to follow their own free will?


Cover Subject to Change
Work began or continued on the following

DECRYPTING THEE CACHE, by Jennifer Kirsch
   Treading through a shadowy woods didn’t rank high on my fun list. Yet I found myself surrounded by tangled tree limbs and hairy vines one Sunday evening. My new friend Dev crept along with me as we navigated angry roots, sprawling branches, and knotty trunks that resembled our knobby-nosed history teacher.
   We hoped to find a geocache. “You know,” I’d explained to Dev, “a hidden container you find using a navigation app.” But he’d wanted to see it for himself.




THE MURDER OF SECRETARY JUDD CANE: Adventures on Capitol Hill Series, Vol. 2 
by Celine Rose Mariotti.

    If you liked The Kidnapping of Senator Andy Thompsonyou’ll be excited to read The Murder of Secretary Judd Cane. This time Murder stalks the House of Representatives as Congressman Michael Rhodes is accused of

murdering Secretary Cane.


WENDELL & TYLER: ON THE ROAD! Open Road Series, Vol. 2, by James R. Kincaid.
    Two fairly naive new adults, Wendell & Tyler, continue their cross-country journey  in the  luxury Motor Home they plan to deliver in Carolina -- if they can get it there.  This time they visit Rosswell, take a side-trip to Mexico, where they meet  a young lady occupied in an old profession, and then off for a side-trip into  the Mountains of Colorado... Come on, join them, it'll be fun!


THE SINS OF THE FATHERS, by A.A. MANN.  A Dora the D.R.E. Mystery, Vol. 1
   As a Director of Religious Education at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church in the border town of San Pequeno, Texas,  Dora meets many interesting and unusual people.  This time 
she meets Death.

IRIS FATE: Iris Series, Vol. 2 by Daniel Carr
   The second in the popular Sci-Fi series.


BLEEDING HEARTS: Killian Kendall Mystery Series, Vol. 1
   Winner of the Stonewall Society's 2002 Pride in the Arts Literary Award in the Whodunit Category! 

MINISTER'S ESCAPADES, Vol. 2 by Celine Rose Mariotti
  
   Rev. Castle is back in another cozy mystery.  

REAP THE WHIRLWIND: Killian Kendall Mystery Series, Vol. 2,  by Josh Aterovis. 
   Suicide, or murder? That's the question in the second Killian Kendall mystery. Will Smith suspects murder when an old childhood pal drowns, and asks his friend Killian for help in solving the mystery.


TRUTH OF YESTERDAY,  by Josh Aterovis

ALL LOST THINGS, by Josh Aterovis

CHANGE  OF WORLDS, by Josh Aterovis


Jack's News!

  by your Official Bookstore Cat, 
and gossip columnist!

No real gossip this week, though I've heard from a few folks who are working hard on projects.


Robert Kanehl has approved the cover for his newest Hannah Griswold Mystery. He says he should have it to us soon. I thought the weeping figure behind Hanna looked a little fuzzy on this, but Arline reminded me it is a ghost. I love the Hannah mysteries.



Our newest author, Jennifer Kirsch, likes to go Geocaching. I felt kinda bad that I didn't know it was an Internet app for a treasure hunt game. Seems people all over hide stuff to be found OR people search for what has been hidden with their computers or cellphones. When they find the cache, there can be puzzles or directions inside...wild. Then they follow the directions and post online what they have found,.There are Geocaches in 17 countries. Imagine that!

I wish I could go geocaching, but Arline would never let me take the laptop outside and I don't have a cell phone. I did try to sign up for one, but they wouldn't let me. I think they're just prejudiced because I'm a feline, but they SAID I didn't have a high enough credit score.
Today is Roger's birthday. I gave him my best present, too, and he didn't even notice yet.  It's the new mousie I got for Christmas -- the one that dangles, with all shiny ribbons. I put it in his easy chair and he hasn't seen it yet. He'll find it if he sits on it, though. ;D

Okay I know it's not new, and the ribbons are a bit chewed by now, but it's better than what my baby sister Spunky got him. She dropped a big hog-nosed beetle right in his hand while he was eating breakfast and he didn't, even thank her. He just got up and chucked it in the trash.

Anyway we'll all get to sing to him later...

Please don't forget to let me know 
what you are all up to, so I'll have  
Gossip for my column next week!
Just send arline@mail.com a message with 

 "News for Jack" 

in the subject line, and

I'll make sure it shows up right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment