Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Writing Tip from Nikki Leigh
1. If you write every day, you get better at writing every day.
2. If it's boring to you, it's boring to your reader.
3. Get a writing routine and stick with it.
4. Poetry does not have to rhyme. Poetry does NOT have to rhyme. Poetry does not have to RHYME!
5. Resist stereotypes in your writing and in your life.
6.Writers read. Writers read a LOT. Writers read ALL THE TIME.
7. Make lists of your favorite words, and characters, and books.
8. Always carry a notebook. ALWAYS carry a pen.
9. There doesn't have to be a moral to a story, but there does have to be a theme.
10. Go for walks. Dance. Do the dishes. Think about things. And write about them.
11. Don't settle on just one style. Try everything.
12. Learn to tell all sides of the story.
NOW THEN, why are you reading this??? GO WRITE SOMETHING!!